|Common Method Of Extraction
||Slight lemon scent
The oil is extracted by cold pressing the seeds of primrose flowers
Chemical Composition :
Primrose essential oil has various chemical compounds that include Gamma-Linolenic Acid (9.0 - 10.9 %), Linoleic Acid (70.0 - 77.0 %), palmitic acid (5.5 - 7.0 %), stearic acid (1.5 - 2.5 %) and polysaturated acids.
Essential Oil Information :
Evening Primrose is a common wildflower found in North America, Europe and parts of Asia. The oil is exceptionally high in fatty acids with rich content of gamma linolenic acid (GLA). This acid has excellent affects on many of the enzymes function in the body.
Oil Properties :
Colorless to yellow clear liquid. It is antioxidant and anti- inflammatory oil with wide usage in treating a range of diseases and disorders like premenstrual syndrome (PMS), diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, ulcerative colitis, osteoporosis, menopausal problems and heart disease.
- It has excellent medicinal values in the cure of rheumatoid arthritis, hot flushes, breast pain, eczema, premenstrual syndrome, dermatitis, psoriasis and dry skin
- The oil also imparts relief from allergies, reduces joint inflammation and swelling associated with arthritis
- It promotes healthy heart function and balances blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- The primerose oil is edible in grade and a very good source for gamma-linolenic acid with numerous vital functions in the body
- Widely used for cosmetic purpose, the oil increases skin hydration and moisturizes dry, aging and chapped skin
Therapeutic Properties :
Antioxidant, anti- inflammatory
Blends Well With : Wheatgerm oil and grapeseed oil
The oil is extracted from the seeds of primrose oil through the process of cold pressing. Colorless to yellow clear liquid with slight lemon like fragrance, the oil has not that great shelf life. Hence, it is blended with wheatgerm oil for increasing its shelf life. It also acts as a good carrier medium for essential oils. This is fine textured oil with superb moisturizing properties.
The primrose oil is safe for most of the people when used for up to a year. Sometimes, it may cause mild side effects on the body, including nausea, upset stomach, headache and diarrhea. Taking this oil is unsafe during pregnancy.
Shipping Options :
We ship this oil in air tight containers through our partners like DHL,
Fedex, UPS, TNT and EMS.
Our Product Range