|Common Method Of Extraction
||Slightly nutty odor
Obtained from dried and ripened seeds of flax plant
Chemical Composition :
Major compounds are α-linolenic acid (51.9-55.2%), palmitic acid (about 7%), stearic acid (3.4-4.6%), oleic acid (18.5-22.6%) and linoleic acid (14.2-17%)
Essential Oil Information :
The oil is extracted from the flaxseed, a seed from the plant Linum usitatissimum. Widely used in making several medicines, the oil is also taken by people as a laxative for constipation, to prevent breastcancer, prostatecancer and for weight loss. This is also applied on the skin to sooth irritations.
Oil Properties :
Colourless to yellowish oil with rich source of omega oils like alpha-linolenic acid, also known as an omega-3 fatty acid
- It is used as a common carrier used in oil paint, imparting more fluidity, transparency and glossiness
- Due to its excellent drying properties, the oil is used in glazing putty that is used as a sealant for glass windows
- Used in wood finish, the flaxseed oil dries slowly and shrinks little upon hardening
- Boiled flaxseed oil is widely used as sizing in the traditional oil gilding for pasting the sheets of gold leaf to a substrate
- This oil is used to bind cork particles, wood dust and other materials for manufacturing floor covering
- Fresh, refrigerated and unprocessed flaxseed oil is used as a nutritional supplement
- Also used to formulate several medicines for rheumatoid, arthiritis and high cholesterol conditions
Therapeutic Properties :
Anti-estrogenic, analgesic, cardiotonic, anti-inflammatory, emollient, demulcent, laxative, expectorant, pectoral, nervine, purgative and resolvent
Blends Well With :
Flaxsees oil is colorless to yellow colored oil, extracted from the seeds of flax plant. This oil is recommended for many different conditions, including high cholesterol and rheumatoid arthritis. Other than this, it is also used for the cure of anxiety, osteoarthritis, vaginal infections, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), dry eyes, hardening of arteries, heart disease, high blood pressure, attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and diabetes.
Industrial grade flaxseed oil may may contain poisonous additives and thus, not for internal consumption. Women with hormone-dependent conditions such as uterine fibroids, endometriosis, or cancers of the breast, uterus or ovaries, and men with prostate cancer should avoid this oil. It can block the esophagus or parts of the intestinal tract. This essential oil requires special packaging as it can be easily destroyed under the exposure of heat, light and oxygen.
Shipping Options :
We have strong relation with the shipping partners like DHL, Fedex, UPS, TNT and EMS who help us in safe delivery of the oil.
Our Product Range